The special issue titled Innovation of Information Services in the Age of “Internet Plus” is calling for papers that theorize and model integration of Internet and mobile technologies with information service (Internet plus Information Services). The background and concept is famously known in Chinese as 互联网加 or 互联网 +. The guest editor is calling for scholarly contributions including
1. Original Research Articles
- Theoretical articles that construct the integration framework of library and information services and Internet and mobile technologies
- Conceptual articles that introduce innovative development of library and information services
- Quantitative and qualitative research that covers information seeking behaviors and user need assessments in the age of Internet
- Modeling articles that explore potential paradigms and solutions that resolve the emerging information and service needs in traditional fields, e.g. education, scientific research, social construction, digital government, etc.
2. Case Studies
- Case studies on the development of innovative technologies and services that utilize Internet and digital technologies
- Best practices and evaluation of implementation of innovative technologies and services
- Evaluation of developed and/or developing technologies of “Internet + Information Services” on other traditional fields, e.g. education, scientific research, social construction, digital government, etc.
Deadline for manuscript submission is February 12, 2017.
For submission and other information about the special issue, please refer to the page of special issue:http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/call_for_papers.htm?id=6951
The guest editor Le Yang is an Assistant Professor and Digital Initiatives Librarian at Texas Tech University. To discuss a potential research idea and proposal, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Journal:
New Library World is changing its name at year-end, to become Information and Learning Science. The journal embraces and explores all aspects of the creation, collection, discovery and use of all types of information, knowledge, learning and research resources. Also the interdisciplinary study of teaching and learning across key fields within information and learning sciences and beyond. Account will be taken of social, cultural, economic, ergonomic, ethical and sectoral issues. For more information about the journal, please refer to the journal website:http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=nlw